Friday, April 10, 2020

Dear Families


Hello families,

I hope this finds you all well and safe at home. We are all trying to navigate this new situation, and I will do my best to try and connect with you all this coming week. 

On Monday and Thursday from 9-12, there will be packages available for you to pick up for your child. In these packages, I have all their desk materials, running shoes, books and supplies. This includes spelling, phonics, printing and math workbooks. If you have some work to return *including library books and classroom books
there are drop off buckets provided. If you could have your child's returning work bundled and labelled, that would save time when dropping off supplies.

I have included a 2 week home learning package that suggests what areas of study you can start working on with your child at home. This is only a suggestion. We are in difficult times and learning at home can be extremely difficult. I know some of you are still working outside of the home, and some are working from home as you manage family obligations at the same time. This should be the only large package you will need to get from the school for the rest of the year.

What is most important is that you are safe and healthy.

Everything else will fall into place.

I would like to connect with each family this week to see if there is anything else I can do to support your child's learning from home. Did you get a chance to look at the package sent home before spring break? Have you made arrangements to pick up your child's remaining supplies? This should be the only large package to pick up from the school. What additional supports are needed for your child? 

Going forward, every 2 weeks I will be posting a new plan using the supplies provided in the second package. Our focus is on mathematics and literacy skills. These plans will be posted on our class blog. http://kcarterclass.blogspot.com/  This should allow families to stay at home and limit physical contact at the school.

Please take a minute or two to contact me via email kcarter@svsd.ca, or using the Remind app, or call the school 204 734 4593 and let me know..

Did you get a chance to look at the package sent home before spring break? 

Have you made arrangements to pick up your child's remaining supplies?  

What additional supports are needed for your child? 

I hope to hear from you! If I don't hear from you this week, I will phone you to make that connection. 

I hope you all are well. I miss seeing the kids and hearing all their stories! Please say a 
BIG HELLO from me. 

Stay safe and healthy! 


Sincerely, 

Ms. Carter 

No comments:

Post a Comment